Disney completed its final phase of construction on the Polynesian Villas and Bungalows as of July 1st. If you have not ever stayed or visited the Polynesian Village Resort at Walt Disney World, it is a rare treat!
The Polynesian Village Resort (formerly the Polynesian Resort) is a deluxe resort along the Monorail Loop near the Magic Kingdom. The new studio villas and bungalows are an expansion as part of the Disney Vacation Club. These new accommodations are available for non-DVC members as well.
The Polynesian Village Resort is one of the most lush and beautiful resorts on the WDW property, mimicking the feel of the Hawaiian islands. Recently, the pools, restaurants and grounds were given a renovation in order to make room for the new bungalows. The lobby of the resort is one of our favorites, with tropical plants that create a rainforest feel. The lobby was also recently renovated with new sculptures and decor.
The new Deluxe Studios sleep up to 5 people and feature a queen-size bed, queen-size sleeper sofa and a pull-down bunk-size bed beneath the television. They also offer a kitchenette, private porch or balcony, and new upgraded decor and finishes. There is a split-design bathroom, with one bathroom area housing a walk-in shower and sink, and the other area housing a tub/shower combination, toilet and sink. The design is to allow multiple people to get ready at the same time.
The Bora Bora Bungalows sleep up to 8 people and include 2 bedrooms and 2 baths – there are only 20 units on the resort property. These newly designed and decorated bungalows have a master bedroom and master bathroom, as well as a second bedroom and bath. The second bedroom has one queen-size bed and one pull-down bunk. The living room offers a queen-size sleeper sofa, and one pull-down bunk-size bed, as well as a flat panel TV and glass doors that open to the back deck. Master bedroom windows overlook the lagoon waters. Bungalows also include a full kitchen, private deck and stacked laundry.
One of the things we love best about the Polynesian is the dining! Dining options offered at the resort are:
- O’Hana – Character breakfast with Stitch and Lilo; Hawaiian style dinner feast (reservations recommended)
- Spirit of Aloha Show – traditional Hawaiian luau with Polynesian dancing and family style feast (reservations recommended)
- Kona Cafe – Asian and American fusion menu that also serves sushi (reservations recommended)
- Tambu Lounge – tropical drinks and Hawaiian-inspired appetizers
- Trader Sam’s Grog Grotto – Tiki cocktails and small plate snacks
- Cook’s – 24-hour quick service with a great menu for families
- Pineapple Lanai – Dole Whip location at the Polynesian
- Kona Island – coffee and pastries in the morning, sushi and sashimi in the evening, located in the lobby
Other great amenities located at the Polynesian include:
- Multiple pools including the Lava Pool and the Oasis Pool, as well as the new splash area for kids, Kiki Tiki Splash Play area
- Seven Seas Marina that offers watercraft rental as well as private cruises and excursions
- Campfires on the beach where they roast marshmallows
- Fishing dockside or on excursions
- Movies Under the Stars – movies played on an outside screen
- Jogging trails around the beautiful lush grounds
- Direct monorail access to take you to the Magic Kingdom or to the TTC to catch a monorail to Epcot.
Special Deal for Polynesian Villas
The Polynesian Village Resort is a Deluxe resort at Disney World, and the Villas and Bungalows are on the pricier side. But they do offer families wonderful amenities and space while staying on property – it is such a luxury to have a kitchen and laundry while on vacation, as well as having much more space than a traditional hotel room. If you are considering staying at the Polynesian, this is a great deal that was just announced!
Disney Visa is offering an exclusive deal for the Polynesian resort and you can enjoy all these wonderful amenities and new rooms at a discount! Disney Visa Cardholders can save 35% on Deluxe Studio-Standard View rooms for most stays July 5-October 3, 2015.
You can receive this discount by calling the Disney Reservation Center and using your Disney Visa card for booking the deposit. Reservation must by booked in the cardholder’s name. The number of rooms allocated for this discount are limited! Other restrictions may apply. Don’t miss out on the awesome deal if you want to experience the amazing Polynesian resort in the new studio villas that look amazing!
If you are interested in this promotion or any other Disney deal, contact our friends at Destinations in Florida for a quote. They are truly awesome at setting up your dream Disney vacation!